Thursday, February 2, 2017

At Close Range (Tracers #11) by Laura Griffin **Review**


























 When
her investigation brings them together, 

the sparks between them quickly get out
of control.






















AT CLOSE RANGE

A Tracers Novel 

Laura Griffin

Releasing Jan 31st, 2017

Pocket Books





New York Times bestselling
author Laura Griffin “delivers the goods” (Publishers Weekly) again with
the eleventh title in the gritty, heart-pounding Tracers series.

When a lakeside
tryst ends in a double murder, police detective Daniele Harper arrives on the
scene determined to get answers. Clues are everywhere, but nothing adds up.
Dani turns to the Delphi Center crime lab for help, but soon regrets it when her
secret attraction to their chief firearms examiner threatens to distract her
from the most important case of her career.

As a ballistics expert and former Navy SEAL, Scott Black knows firearms, and he
knows he can help Dani unravel her case. Scott has managed to hide his interest
in his best friend’s younger sister for years, but when her investigation
brings them together, the sparks between them quickly get out of control. Scott
resolves to keep his hands off Dani and his eyes on the goal—identifying a
killer. But when that killer zeroes in on Dani, all bets are off. There isn’t a
line Scott won’t cross to convince Dani to trust him so that he can help her
take down a ruthless murderer who has her in his sights. 


Review:
I have just recenty gotten back into romance. My favorite is suspense/thriller. I love having a book that keeps me on my toes. This book had a great balance of romance and suspense. One thing is for sure though...I gotta read the other ten books in this series! I really enjoyed the authors writing style. Between the chemistry and suspense, I could not put this down! I don't think I have read a book by Laura Griffin before this but, I am definitely more keen on keeping my eyes and ears perked for her books. The characters are well developed...whether that's a book #11 thing or just talented writing...I don't know. I'll have to rad the first books in this series, which I have no complaints about. I have a book group and I told my "fluffy readers" in my group that they would really appreciate the balance of the plot, chemistry, and suspense. I really enjoyed a few of the characters, especially Scott...he seems so sexy and strong and masculine! From reading the synopsis' and excerpts from the other books, he's a fantastic twist in this series (another great reason to read this series and this book!)
 

































New York Times and USA Today bestselling
author LAURA GRIFFIN started her career in journalism before
venturing into the world of romantic suspense. She is a two-time RITA Award
winner (for the books Scorched and Whisper
of Warning
) as well as the recipient of the Daphne du Maurier
Award (for Untraceable). Laura currently lives
in Austin, where she is working on her next book.











No comments: