Tuesday, November 6, 2012

You Don't Know Me by Susan May Warren (Deep Haven #6) REVIEW




To everyone who knows her, Annalise Decker is a model wife and mother. She's a permanent member of the PTA, never misses her kids' sporting events, and is constantly campaigning for her husband's mayoral race.No one knows that Annalise was once Deidre O'Reilly, a troubled young woman whose testimony put a dangerous criminal behind bars. Relocated through the Witness Security Program to the sleepy town of Deep Haven, Deidre got a new identity and a fresh start, which began when she fell in love with local real estate agent Nathan Decker. Twenty years later, Annalise couldn't be more unprepared for her past to catch up with her. When Agent Frank Harrison arrives with news that the man she testified against is out on bail and out for revenge, Annalise is forced to face the consequences of her secrets. Will she run again, or will she finally find the grace to trust those she loves most with both her past and her future?


I haven't read the first four books ( I did read The Shadow of Your Smile #4) in the series before reading this sixth book but I did get to read the fifth one which was excellent... (which I normally read all the books as a series, but at the moment I don't have access to the first four but I do plan on getting my hands on those:) but this book was still very easy to follow and understand and I loved that. I have fallen in love with Warren's writing style. She wrote heartwarming and thought provoking story and I loved the characters.

What I didn't understand about one of the main characters, Annalise - was how she could be married to her husband and never tell him she was part of the Witness Security Program. How do you do that? 

I did love that this was a family centered book but with some romance and suspense. So if you love those three, this is a book for you. And if that isn't your cup of coffee, you should definitely still try this book. With the late nights I spent reading this book, it was a bitter sweet ending for me, only because it ended. That said, I can't wait to read the first four.

I recommend this book along with the entirety of the series

(Other books by Susan May Warren)



                                                                                                I received this book for review from LitFuse

No comments: