Sunday, November 18, 2018

Dreaming of Christmas by T.A. Williams



Title: Dreaming of Christmas

Author Name: T.A. Williams

Previous Books: Dreaming of Venice, Dreaming of Florence and Dreaming of St Tropez

Genre: Women’s Fiction, romcom

Release Date: August 2018

Publisher: Canelo 



Book Blurb: It’s the dream Christmas: snow, mountains… and, er, an ex-boyfriend. But can Zoe still find love in the Alps?
Dumped on Christmas Eve by her long-term boyfriend, it's been a rough year for Zoe Lumsley. But then she gets an invitation she can’t refuse: an all expenses paid skiing holiday with old university friends.
The bad news: her ex, Grant, will be there with his new girlfriend. But so will her former flatmate Billy, the organiser, and in the meantime he’s done rather well for himself. As Christmas in the Alps approaches, it'll be great to see the old gang. Some more than others...
Perfect for readers of Tilly Tenant, Holly Martin and Philippa Ashley, this is the perfect magical Christmas getaway from the bestselling T.A. Williams.
Links to Book:
Author Bio: T.A. Williams lives in Devon with his Italian wife. He was born in England of a Scottish mother and Welsh father. After a degree in modern languages at Nottingham University, he lived and worked in Switzerland, France and Italy, before returning to run one of the best-known language schools in the UK. He’s taught Arab princes, Brazilian beauty queens and Italian billionaires. He speaks a number of languages and has travelled extensively. He has eaten snake, still-alive fish, and alligator. A Spanish dog, a Russian bug and a Korean parasite have done their best to eat him in return. His hobby is long-distance cycling, but his passion is writing.

Author Social Media Links
Twitter: @TAWilliamsBooks  

T.A. (Trevor) Williams talks about his latest book, Dreaming of Christmas and why he wants readers to finish the book with silly smiles on their faces.

   My books (so far at least) always have happy endings and they are always set in magical locations. What I’m offering is escapism. Life can be very tough for so many people and there are some awful things happening in the world at an international level, let alone all those personal problems that affect us all now and then, whether they are financial, medical or emotional. We live in uncertain times, with major concerns like terrorism, Brexit, trade wars and even the shadow of global conflict hanging over us. Sometimes it’s good to take a break and forget about all these worries. What I’m trying to do is to offer my readers the chance to settle down and relax, escaping from their everyday cares into a different world of wonder, luxury and happiness.
   Of course, not everything in the garden is coming up roses. There are problems, sadness and heartbreak in my books as well as joy and laughter. In Dreaming of Christmas, I deal with some hefty issues from infidelity to depression. But the reader can always rely on the book ending on an upbeat note. After all, what’s the point of reducing the reader to a suicidal state of despair? If I kill my readers off, who’s going to buy my books? I would like the reader to finish the book with a smile and immediately head for my other titles. Simples, no?
   With Dreaming of Christmas, I have opted for the Austrian Alps and a luxurious five star hotel. Setting the book in a hotel affords me the luxury as a writer of having all the main protagonists in close proximity one to another. The reader can see them all on a daily basis and discover what’s worrying them or cheering them up. This also allows me as a writer to indulge myself in some make-believe treats like sumptuous meals, stunning scenery and five star comfort. I always like to research my books thoroughly and, although I’ve never had the money to stay in this sort of place, I have been skiing in Austria a few times and my imagination has had the opportunity to work overtime filling in the blanks.   
   And why so luxurious? Why not a nice, clean, friendly Airbnb for example? Well, that’s where the escapism thing comes in. Very few of us can afford to stay at somewhere like the Hotel Schlossberg, but as the title of the book implies, it’s good to dream. Even if you’re drinking tea rather than vintage champagne as you read about expert skiers jumping over the roofs of houses, sleigh rides through the frozen night with stars twinkling high above, or dressing up and dancing the night away at a gala Christmas ball, you can still enjoy the experience from the comfort of your sofa. By the way, I can confirm that a glass of ice cold Prosecco with my books goes down very well indeed.
   I hope you like this book. I had a lot of fun writing it, remembering moments from my past, whether these were on skis, at the dining table or on the dance floor (but best not to ask my wife about my dancing). Hopefully, the pleasure I got from writing Dreaming of Christmas will shine through and I will achieve my aim of leaving you with a silly smile on your face.
     


No comments: