Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sunday Salon 8/8/10


(Hosted by The Sunday Salon)
Well, it's been a slow reading week(s) for me since my daughter, hubby and I are staying with friends to be of help so I only brought a few with me thinking that would last me a few weeks. Two out of the three I brought with me were library books and the other a book for review. But then I was so busy I didn't have time to read! I Know! So then I had to return the two books and re-request them. I made sure to devote an hour every night before I went to bed to read So I have about a week or so more to go then I'll be done. That's if I read a minimum of five pages a day. So easy! lol. Then to continue drafting my review for I Will Not Be Silent by April Maley and start my review for Vexation by Elicia Clegg.
On another note, I recently requested/added My Life In France by Julia Child with Alex Prud'homme, Mastering The Art Of French Cooking (Volume two) by Julia Child and Simone Beck, As always, Julia: Letters between Julia Child & Avis Devoto: food, friendship & the making of a masterpiece selected and edited by Joan Reardon, The French Chef Cookbook by Paul Child, Mastering The Art Of French Cooking (Volume one) by Julia Child, Louisette Bertholle & Simone Beck, Julie & Julia: 365 days, 524 recipes, 1 tiny apartment kitchen: how one girl risked her marriage, her job & her sanity to master the art of living by Julie Powell.
Notice something? Yea I'm on a bit of a Julia Child kick.
This is because my mother mentioned that since I love to cook and I'm not half bad at it I might want to try watching Julia Child on PBS. Sure! Why not! I LOVE cooking shows. I have my favs and the ones where I just do not like the person. I love Julia Child. She is funny. I asked my mother is she had any cookbooks by her and she gave me the answer I was not expecting; "no sorry honey...ask your aunt...." :( Well, she has one but....anways, I went to kcls.org (online library) and looked for Julia Child's cookbook. I put pretty much every book there on the list on my request list. Then a couple of nights ago I watched Julie & Julia. I loved it, went and purchased it for a steal of a deal! So then of course my next mission was to find Julie Powell's blog. I found the one she blogs on now. But...after a little bit more research, I found her original one. I am loving it so far. My only question about her new one so far, what do you have against Rachael Ray? I didn't like her in the beginning but I realized that's because 'she's spunky & funny & cute'. But she has grown on me and I ended up buying three of her cookbooks a few years ago. My only complain with Rachael Ray is (I'm sorry hun, I love you, I think you are adorable) her recipes are expensive. When I first bought her 365 recipes cookbook ( where there is a different meal each day and a little box at th top so you can mark it off, say you like it or not) I was going to follow it and write a journal on it but it was too expensive for my wallet. Anyway, this is The Sunday Salon not "Elisha's Rambling's". So until next time,
Have a great work week everyone!

No comments: