Friday, December 17, 2010

Teaser Tuesday

Before I get started with my double teaser Tuesday, I want to say that I have missed taking part in the memes like this one that I enjoy so much. I have been busy with life besides the holidays and I have felt in a funk...lazy. I enjoy reading the memes and I have things I want to add but I haven't felt up to it. Now I hope this will help me jump back in the game:)
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


 I believe I have mentioned it before, Hubby and I are reading and reviewing this devotional book together. This is a teaser from what we read last night. Matter of fact, it is underlined in the book now:

"In marriage, we are entrusted with the heart of another human being. Whatever else our life's great mission will entail, loving and defending the heart next to ours is part of our great quest."
Pg 19 
I will share the rest of what I underlined in the review:)

 I am back to reading this now that my hectic book reviewing schedule slowed down ( I loved every minute of it!)
"It started as some congestion from inside my lungs, possibly from a deposit of tar I thought, and then my whole body was suddenly wracked and I began to sob.
"Whassamatta', mamita?" Some old perv bum asked me on the street. "Your boyfriend dump you?
Pg 240 
 

2 comments:

Arlee Bird said...

It's cool that couples study books together -- especially books like this that can help enhance the relationship.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Elisha German said...

Arlee Bird- Very true. I am enjoying it. Something for us to do that's just us.