Monday, November 7, 2011

Creatures of the Night that We Loved So Well by James M. Fetters REVIEW

Over 200 photos, many never published before, TV Guide ads, movie listings by date, scans of actual scripts, Interviews with the Hosts and writers and identities of the hosts revealed for the first time. Many you’ve seen on other TV series and movies and didn’t even know. What famous comedian was the side kick of Famous Morris in 1976? What two Horror Hosts, one in 1957 and one in 1982 had lawsuits brought against them because of their own TV shows?

When I first heard the title and synopsis of this book I was very interested. For a few different reasons: I wasn’t allowed to watch these shows growing up. I was too young and they were on too late. When I was old enough to watch them I got nightmares. Or I was too scared to go to sleep. It was the worst when I or one of my friends had a sleep over and they wanted to watch one or more of them…I couldn’t sleep then woke up from a nightmare….Oh those days lol. Also I have never been into horror. Whether it is movie or book. I came to realize that most if not all horror books/movies are so unrealistic. I like a little scary…but not too scary and a lot of reality. I could never watch The Matrix because of the unreality of it all.
But when I saw this book I thought it would be a lot of fun to find out who those people were that played those scary characters and all the behind the scenes stuff. And even though I am not into horror, even older scary, Like Hitchcock; even though I watch Alfred Hitchcock once in a while….where they use chocolate syrup for blood…I had a lot of fun looking at all the pictures and manuscripts with the producers’ editing, or about reading about the lawsuits that happened.
There is a ton of the scary shows with their synopsis’ and credits and things. Such as The Invisible Man, The Mummy, Frankenstein, Sealed Lips and so many more! This book is jammed packed full of pictures, facts, neat stories and fun oh so interesting tid-bits of information that anyone who saw any of these shows/movies will love to read this book. You will have a lot of fun going through the pictures alone. It’ll definitely take you back into time! I know I am not doing this book justice and I am sorry for that. But I do recommend this book for any of you who watched any of these pictures. It was a lot of fun for me to go through each page of information and picture.


I received this book for review from MediaGuests

No comments: