Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Christy Awards Challenge


I was wandering around bookjourney.wordpress.com and came acroos the 'Christy Awards Challenge' so I took a look and I decided, "you know what, it has actually been MORE challenging for me to find Christian fiction books that interest me...I'm going to join this." I have no problem with Christian non-fiction and Christian help books,etc. But fiction books...ehhh.....
So this is going to be great for me. Widen my horizon, find some great books and some more favorite authors!

Even though I would love to do the 7th Tier, I don't have time for that! But I will put all of them on my TBR List! As long as it is! So I am going to stick to "Baby Steps: 1st Tier." Here are my choices:

1.The Rook by Steven James

2. By Reason of Insanity by Randy Singer

3. Winter Haven by Athol Dickson


Go to either BookJourney.wordpress.com and look for the link 'Christy Awards Challenge' or go to http://www.christyawardschallenge.com/2009/11/christy-nominated-and-awarded-books.html to learn more and/or sign up for the challenge! But there are rules/guidelines:


Total Christian Fiction Newbie:

This is only for those who have read no Christian fiction before…the challenge is to read one book from any of the Christy Awards Winners!

Baby Steps

1st Tier – 2009 Favorite Category Read All Nominated Books 3-4 books
2nd Tier – Any ONE Years Favorite Category – 3-4 Books or mix 3-4 winners from any category

It’s All in the Winners
3rd Tier- 2009 Winners – 9
4th Tier- Any ONE Year’s Winners 7-9 or mix’n'match 7-9 winners

Dedicated

5th Tier – Read 2009/or ANY Year All Books 36-40 Books

Hardcore

6rd Tier – Read all the nominees in your favorite category
7th Tier – Read all of the winners in every category

The Christy Challenge–Perpetual Challenge
Read all of the books nominated and awarded the Christy challenge throughout the course of your lifetime.

Even though I would love to do the 7th Tier, I don't have time for that! But I will put all of them on my TBR List! As long as it is! So I am going to stick to "Baby Steps: 1st Tier." Here are my choices:

1.The Rook by Steven James

2. By Reason of Insanity by Randy Singer

3. Winter Haven by Athol Dickson

4. Never Let You Go by Erin Healy




No comments: