Monday, April 4, 2011

A Conversation with God by Alton Gansky REVIEW

Imagine that it is just you and God…
Have you ever looked into the night sky and asked, "Why?" It's not unusual to ask questions. But it's rare to find reliable answers since so many of our questions involve difficult issues or mysteries too great for our comprehension. But there is One who knows. A Conversation with God was created because life is challenging and your heart longs to understand. In this book you will find fifty-five of life's greatest questions and the answers you've been seeking about the past, the present, and the future.

 

This book wasn't quite what I thought it was going to be. It was better. I couldn't read it fast enough. I loved how the author really made you feel like you reading one of those Q and A's you read about authors, celebrities and such. It didn't feel preachy either and I liked that. It makes it easier for me to recommend this book to people who aren't sure about God and His hand in the why, where, how and why, etc. It was a fun, delightful, educational and informative read that was a complete page turner. I read it in a couple of nights while lying in bed. The first night I got into bed around midnight, picked it up to look it over and get a feel of the book. The next thing I know it's two thirty in the morning and I am about halfway through the book. I loved how the author wrote it in a conversation style. I loved the questions he brought up. Like, are we really living in the end time? If you love us, why do we suffer? There are so many religions, an each says it's the only one that has things right. Is there just one way to heaven, or do they all work? There are so many other questions with answers from the Bible with scripture(s) where to find the answer(s).
Bottom line, it's a reference book in conversation style. And I loved it. I highly recommend this read to everyone. This is a good resource to use for kids askingtough questions, Bible study groups or for your own study, debates, etc. I lent it to my older nephew who has questions and he told me just last night that so far it is being a big help and that he likes that it isn't preachy and tell you where to find it in the Bible.
I am looking forward to reading more books by Alton Gansky




                                                        I received my copy of this book for review from BookSneeze

No comments: