Friday, April 15, 2011

Jesus in the Present Tense by Warren W. Wiersbe

Do you find yourself living in memories, imaginations, and fears more than in the current moment? As Dr. Warren W. Wiersbe writes, "My past may discourage me and my future may frighten me, but 'the life I now live' today can be enriching and encouraging because 'Christ lives in me' (Gal. 2:20)."
In Jesus in the Present Tense, Dr. Wiersbe explores the I AM statements of God- from His burning-bush conversation with Moses, to His powerful reassurances to the Israelites to Jesus' startling claims to be the Light of the World, the Good Shepherd, and the True Vine.
The better you understand God's I AM statements from both the Old and New Testaments and apply their truths to your life, the more you will abide in Christ and bear fruit for His glory today. Then you will be free to live, serve, and know God more richly in the present tense- which is just where He wants you to be.

I loved this book. I honestly could not put it down. It was so interesting and educational and real. I didn't find it preachy either. I liked that Dr. Wiersbe had scriptures through-out the book to back up he was saying. He shows that just because the Bible is old and just because we aren't in those biblical times anymore, people dealt with most of the same issues we deal with today and how we can use His Word for our everyday life even if we think the Bible is outdated.
The chapter I liked the most was chapter eight, " The Way, The Truth and The Life." He gave a full chapter to the I AM statements of Christ. Giving a bunch of scriptures backing them up then explaining the scriptures in such a way making them easy to understand and explain to other people which I found handy. 
I can't gush enough about this book! I soaked this book up in a couple of nights. I also found that this book would be good for a bible study group. He even has notes at the end of his book for each chapter.
I am looking forward to reading more of Dr. Warren's books:) I would totally recommend this book, it wasn't boring in the least.


                                                           I received my copy for review from The B&B Media Group

No comments: