Thursday, September 30, 2010

Booking Through Thursday

This was last weeks question but believe it or not , I haven't had an opportunity to do it yet. So today I do two.

(Hosted by Book Through Thursday)
Last weeks question was:
What are you reading right now? What made you choose it? Are you enjoying it? Would you recommend it? (And, by all means, discuss everything, if you’re reading more than one thing!)

My Answer:
A few books this time for me: 
  • I Am Nujood, Age 10 and Divorced by Nujood Ali with Delphine Minoui- I chose this because I read a review by BookJourney. It intrigued me because It is a true story and I love books like that and she is so young. I am about halfway through it but I can say yes, I would recommend this books. Her strength is inspiring and opens your eyes to what is still going on in the world today.
  • Which None Can Shut by Reema Goode- I am reading this for a review. But what I didn't know until it showed up is that it is full of true stories. I don't know why I didn't know that before but that for me puts icing on the cake:) Again, I am about halfway through this but I would recommend it. I don't want to say too much and give away spoilers. So I will tell you more in my review (it'll be up in about a week if all goes swimmingly.) 
  • And last but not least-Outlive Your Life: You Were Made to Make a Difference by Max Lucado. This is the book if you remember that I was nervous about because I was told to have it up by the 10 of September but I didn't receive it until the day after I had to have the review up I was nervous about that one.  I am reading this for review and I am so glad I am. I love Max's writing. As I think I have mentioned before, I have a few books by him already. He is a talented and gifted writer. Anyways... In his book, Max tells us that  God uses people like us to help others. We don't have to have nice clothes, big houses etc to be a servant, a helper to someone else. That's all I want to say because I don't wnt to give too much away andthe rest of it will be in my review (up in a couple weeks or less, we'll see;)
This weeks question for Book Through Thursday is:
If you read series, do you ever find a series “jumping the shark?” How do you feel about that?
And, do you keep reading anyway?
My Answer:
I am glad to say, I haven't. Though I have watched movie series or TV series that tend to do that.
I would be very disappointed if I was in a book series that did that. But I would want to to keep reading just in case things turn around. 


No comments: