Thursday, September 2, 2010


(Hosted by Booking Through Thursday)


This Weeks question asks: Even though it’s usually a mistake (grin) … do movies made out of books make you want to read the original?

 My answer: Yes. Definitely. Every time I see a movie weather it be fiction or not and I find out it was based off a book, as long as I liked the movie, I look up the book and read that as well which gives me more story and detail but at times I am disappointed after I read the book and find out how much was left out. The same thing happened to me when I saw the movie Julie & Julia. I had no idea it was based off the book (I know....). After that I went crazy to find the book, Julie Powell's original blog (which I found yay:), the book of letters between Paul Child and his twin, the book of letters between Julia Child and Avis Devoto. It opened up a whole other corner of books I didn't know about. It has been exciting. But at the same time, I have a soft spot for cooking/foodie movies and memoirs/based on a true story. This movie and book put two of my favorites together.
 
 The book Julie & Julia by Julie Powell, about her journey with french cooking and blogging it to the world.




 The movie Julie & Julia based off the book (obviously). Very good movie:)

3 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

I do read certain books after watching a period drama. In a way it has only enhanced a movie. However, I don't like to watch movies after reading a book. Exceptions are there,
though!

Here is my BTT: Film to Books post!

Liro said...

Totally agree with you. Check out my BTT post at http://pageflippinaddict.wordpress.com/2010/09/03/booking-through-thursday-film-to-paper/

Elisha German said...

I think it's cute that I am the opposite. I like watching a the movie after reading the book. Seeing it unfold and who they picked for the characters. There are disappointments though. But fun all the same.