Friday, January 20, 2017

**Author Interview & Guest Feature** A Shot With You by Teri Anne Stanely



A Shot with You




Most true bourbon aficionados would say that you should only drink Kentucky’s best with a little water, if you have to add anything at all. Some wouldn’t even condone ice. But seriously…how many people can drink straight whiskey without making that face? You know the one. The “HOLY CRAP, MY ENTIRE BODY’S GOING TO CATCH ON FIRE!” face.
And if the bourbon industry turned their nose up at the cocktail mixers of the world, they wouldn’t sell much liquor, would they?
Besides, there are so many awesome cocktails that include bourbon, that it would be very wrong to ignore them. 
There’s the Old Fashioned, which is made with whiskey, bitters, simple syrup, a twist of orange and a cherry. The Manhattan, which has bourbon, vermouth (bleh!) and a cherry (I detect a theme!). Don’t forget about the Mint Julep…mint, sugar, bourbon…
And my old family favorite, the Whiskey Sour. I remember getting to have a tiny bit of this on special occasions when I was younger. It was sure better than the beer we’d maybe possibly try to sneak out of the garage refrigerator! The traditional recipe calls for fresh lemon juice, sugar, and whiskey, but here’s the Big Dick version (Big Dick was my dad, Richard. Not a commentary on the character or man parts of anyone):
1 can of frozen lemonade
Dump the contents of the can in to a blender
1 can of bourbon
Use the lemonade can. It will help rinse all the lemonade into the blender.
Add a bunch of ice and grind the heck out of everything, until you have a slurry.
1 can of Sprite
Give it a quick mix.
You gotta do that part last, because 1), if you add the Sprite after the bourbon, you’ll be sure to rinse out any residual liquor that would otherwise go to waste stuck to the inside of the can, which would be wrong, and 2) the fizzy in the Sprite would go whizzy if you added it before you blenderized it.
Pour into glasses, give to guests, and watch Mom start to act silly.
Cheers!





I am so pleased to have Teri Anne Stanely on my blog today! I have become such a fan and am looking forward to reading more from her!


Q&A with Teri Anne Stanley
Describe yourself in five words or less.
            Ahhh….creative, funny, kind, distractible, SQUIRREL!
Teri Anne StanleyName one thing you won’t leave home without.
Other than my phone, right? Because no one leaves home without their phone. I’d have to say my planner. I started doing this Bullet Journal thing (google it, it’s cool!) last year and it’s really changed the way I stay on top of things. It’s got my calendar, my to-do list, and all the notes for all the things that usually clutter my purse and my brain. I finally invested in a nice gridded Moleskine hard back, and I love it!
Name three things on your desk right now.
An Ink Joy gel pen, a Fisher Scientific desk planner, and an Angry Mama Microwave cleaner (my day job boss gave me that as a ten-year work anniversary gift. Part of my job is herding college students through capstone research projects.)
What are some books that you enjoyed recently?
I just finished Tiffany Reisz’s Her Halloween Treat, which is a Harlequin Blaze. Totally fun. And I’m on third book of Juliana Stone’s Bad Boys of Crystal Lake series, which is sexy, and heart wrenching, and all around entertaining.
I think I’ll read Jessica Lemmon’s Bad Boy Billionaire stories next. Her books are so funny and hot and emotional—that’s going to be my reward for finishing my next manuscript. All three books in a row.
What do you like to do when you aren't writing?
I’m compulsively crafty. My office is half romance novels and author paraphernalia, and half auxiliary storage for Michaels Crafts. I especially love quilt making, knitting, and crochet, but I’ve tried everything. If you want to try a project, stop by. I’ve probably got the supplies. I can’t promise I can find them, but I bet I’ve got ‘em!
What types of scenes are your most favorite to write?
I like the funny ones. The sexy ones and emotional ones are great, but I’m always second guessing myself about them. Humor comes easy to me, which is fortunate, I think. Life is too hard not to be able to laugh about it as much as possible!
Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers and fans?
Thanks for reading! There’s nothing cooler than meeting someone who has read and loved one of my books. I hope you have fun meeting Brandon and Lesa. Brandon is a really good guy, but he works too hard. Lesa brings him some desperately needed light and laughter and sexy times while he tries to show her what home really means.


 



No comments: