Monday, June 14, 2010

Musing Mondays 6/14/10


(Powered by MizB at Should Be Reading)

Who in your family (both immediate & extended) are readers, and who are not? (from MizB's posting)

My hubby is a major reader but he doesn't see any interest in the blogging thing (I know!). My mother, oldest sister Heather, youngest sister Bethany, my younger niece Lilly. They are the avid readers. My mother is more into self help books and Christian fiction romance. My oldest sister is definitely into the fiction romance. My niece is into Nancy Drew books which i love as well. I have almost the entire series and still read them. My younger sister is more into novels and Shakespeare but she is also into the Christian romance books but not as much as our oldest sister. Our oldest sister mainly reads non-Christian fiction romance. My dad used to be a reader but not as much anymore. It's hard enough getting him to go through his mail! Lol. I have a few friends that read once in a while but they aren't big on reading. The rest of my family is the same.

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

I'm the only one in my family who enjoys reading.

My answer is here

caite said...

there are not many men among book bloggers, are there. some, but I think way more women.
I am lucky to come from a reading family. Nice to talk about what you are reading...and have someone to trade books with!

Gigi Ann said...

I enjoyed the question this week, making me think, who really in my family are readers. After thinking about it for awhile, I realized there were quite a few.

Nise' said...

It is neat how varied the readers are in your family.

Elisha German said...

It is fun having a family who reads because then you aren't the only one who wants to stop at every book sale or garage sale to see what good deals you can get on books and you find out about more books/authors that way.