Saturday, October 9, 2010

Mid-Event Survey

Mid-Event Survey

I know I'm a little late, but first of all, better late than never! Right? And I got side-tract with making dinner, then I continues with reading.

So far I have finished: 
  • I Am Nujood, Age 10 and Divorced by Nujood Ali with Delphine Minoui (I wonder what Nujood's name means..?) Total Pages:178. Time spent reading: 2 hrs
  • Which None Can Shut by Reema Goode. Total Pages: 164. Total time spent reading: 1 hr 40 minutes
Total pages: 342      Total time spent reading: 3 hrs and 40 minutes

Next I am working on Julie and Julia by Julie Powell. I am on page 52. I finally got it back from the library so hopefully I can finish before it goes back...unlike last time!


I had a list from the Dewey Read-a-Thon post of all the mini-challenge host people so I could visit at lease some of the blogs, comment and part take in other challenges and for some reason, I'm not finding that list...:( Can someone help me out with that? I know there isn't much time left, but I do want to participate a little bit more before it ends. I feel I screwed up here.


Anyway, onto the Mid_Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now?
Julie and Julia by Julie Powell


2. How many books have you reads so far?
2 and on my third:)


3. I guess I would have to say The Freedom Writers by Erin Gruwell. I really wanted to read, Whatever You Do, Don't Run by Peter Allsion and The Memoir of a Geisha by Mineko Iwasaki but I didn't get them from the Library soon enough:(


4. Nah I don't think so. I may take a break after this to do some cleanup in the kitchen from dinner before continuing my reading. I can't read/relax when I know there is a mess to clean up somewhere ( Abbie's toys, dishes, laundry, vacuuming, etc.) But I should have planned dinner ahead of time and got the supplies already so I didn't have to worry about it. Oh well...


5. Did I have many interruptions? How did I deal with those? 
Well, I am married with a 13month old and it is Hubby's(Robert) day off from work. So I have the typical "mothering duties/house wife duties" to attend to. Hubby was a sweaty and took Abbie out for a while for daddy/daughter time so I could read but they had to come back early because it started to rain (They were at the park). I just need to be flexible and work with whatever comes my way. No point in getting mad or upset or irritated over it.


6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon so far?
That people can participate so much yet they get so much reading done. How do they do it? Share the secret so I can do it to please!

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Honestly? No. Especially since I am a first timer all around, I am not the person to be asking. I think it is great how it is. But that's me.

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
Prep better. Seriously. Think ahead.

9. Are you getting tired yet?
Not at all! ;) I'm a mama of a young one. I'm always tired ;) I'm good. I have my coffee, and wait for it... mini eclairs. Mmmmm:) Then I am going to have Pepsi with Lays sour cream and onion chips for a change later. Let's keep going!


10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
No but I would love some tips...? Anyone?

No comments: