Monday, October 11, 2010

The Sunday Salon 10/11/10


Yes I know, it is technically Monday now but I wanted to get this up before I went to bed:)
Well...I participated for the first time in the Dewey 24hr read-a-thon as a mini challenge host and as a reader (but I think everyone participates as a reader so I gets that's kind of a no-brainer lol.) Though I wonder if there are people who participate in the mini challenges who don't get a whole lot of reading done? I doubt it. That's kind of the whole point of it. Anyway I really liked it and enjoyed myself:) Did you participate? 

Anyway...
I am going to finish reading...er let me correct myself I have my Chronicles of Narnia (the entire series in a book-a pretty big book I might add) about half read. I am in the third or fourth story. I want to find it in my stacks and shelves and boxes of books and finish it.

It has been a pretty slow reading for me. If it wasn't for the Dewey thon I wouldn't have set the goal to finish I Am Nujood, Age 10 and Divorced by Nujood Ali or Which None Can Shut by Reema Goode which is really sad for me because they are both pretty thin books that I could get read in a few hours. But they are done and out of the way! I got about a third of the way through The Freedom Writers by Erin Gruwell but had to return it to the library:(again) 

Next mini tbr to tackle:Soul to Soul Parenting by Annie Burnside, Money Hungry by Daryl Moore, and last but not least, Your Money God's Way by Amie Streater. These are all relatively small thin books. Then onto another mini tbr pile to work on!

...Anyway I'll stop boring you with my tbr thinking/idea/planning....;) I am going to go to bed to do some reading on my current read:Top 5 Questions TO Ask Your Doctor by Jim Sutton & Sagar Nigwekar. Should only take me a couple nights to read:) Getting my pile down to make room for more! :D G'night and I'll see y'all tomorrow afternoon.

No comments: