Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Billion Reasons Why by Kristin Billerbeck REVIEW

Book Cover
There are a billion reasons Kate should marry her current boyfriend…Will she trade them all to be madly in love?
Kate McKenna leads the perfect life. She has a fulfilling job, a cute apartment, and a wedding to plan with her soon-to-be fiancé, Dexter. She can think of a billion reasons why she should marry Dexter. He’s everything she wants in a husband.
And then in walks Luc De Forges, her bold, breathtaking ex-boyfriend. Only now he’s a millionaire. And he wants her to go home to New Orleans to sing for a friend’s wedding. As his date.
But Katie made up her mind about Luc eight years ago, when she fled their hometown after a very public breakup. Yet there’s still magnetism between them she can’t deny.
Katie thought her predictable relationship with Dexter would be the bedrock of a lasting, Christian marriage. But what if there’s more? What if God’s desire for her is a heart full of life? And what if that’s what Luc has offered all along?
Kate’s fiancé, Dexter was a well written character. I didn’t care for Dexter though because he was too predictable, boring, no excitement and a little passive-aggressive. They had so spark. Which made me wonder why she picked Dexter. Luc  on the other hand, was very attractive, could command a room when he walked in, he knew what he wanted and would go after it. Luc is the exact opposite of Dexter. A good thing. I liked Luc’s Character. His character is what you would see in chick-flicks the girls go crazy for.  I didn’t like that Kate felt she had to settle for someone or something she didn’t really want. But I understood as I read on why she went with the safe choice of Dexter after her humiliating public break up with Luc some time ago. She wanted what she had with Luc but safe and comfortable. She was willing to give up the spark she had with Luc to feel safe and secure.  
It was a well written book that at times made me wonder what was going to happen and I had to find out! But, there were times that the story seemed to drag on and I caught myself thinking, ‘  alright already…get to it’.
That said, all in all I enjoyed this read and I am looking forward to reading more of her books.
I would and have already recommended this book.

                                                   I received my copy of this book for review from B&B Media Group

No comments: