Monday, April 16, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


Welcome to It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading!  This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!
I love being a part of this and I hope you do too!  As part of this weekly meme I love to encourage you all to go and visit the others participating in this meme. **You do not have to have a blog to participate!**

I feel as though my reading has taken a beating this past week even though I did do my idea with the slow cooker meals (which I did do three and one casserole). What got away from me this week was school for my daughter. I thought I had a few more years to worry about that. Nope. I was wrong. But being a first time parent, being a parent period, you aren't given a guide with that child. And even though my daughter will be three in September, I want to get her enrolled in head start and use it as it is called. A Head start in her education. So I have been busy looking at the different schools for her age. I don't want a daycare; I can watch my own child. I want her to go to head start and preschool. One of the big things for me is she will get to play and interact with other kids her age. She is an only child. She gets that once a week at Sunday school but that isn't nearly enough. So ANYWAY, that pretty much took over my week. But I have narrowed it down to two places.  Should know which school by the end of the week:). It's funny though, this entire week I have felt like an I Love Lucy episode when little Ricky goes to school and Lucy says I'm losing my baby! Today preschool tomorrow college then he'll get married and I'll never see him again! Seriously..where did the time go???


Anyway, back to books....
This past week I did an author chat with Amber Lee Easton who is the author of Kiss Me Slowly.
I also finished reading The White Queen by Philippa Gregory, The Parchment Society's read for April.
I am still reading Executive Treason and Executive Actions by Gary Grossman, both political thrillers with a touch of spy/FBI. I am about halfway through each one and both are so hard to put down! I haven't done political thrillers in a while and forgot how much I enjoy them!
I am still reading Pulled by Amy Lichtenhan...Very good so far:) If you like romantic suspense with a little mystery, this is for you:)
I hope to finish all three books by the end of the week as well as get started on my book clubs May read Dear Jane Austen: A Heroin's Guide to Life and Love by Patrice Hannon. I am also hoping to get started on Making Life Matter by Shane Stanford (for review) 


How did/do you handle your first (and second, third, fourth, etc) child going to school for the first time?

Have a great reading week all! Hope you all had a great Easter!

No comments: