Tuesday, October 2, 2018

The Spirit of God Illustrated Bible: Over 40 Stories of God’s Power and Presence by Doris Wynbeek Rikkers

The Spirit of God Illustrated Bible: Over 40 Stories of God’s Power and Presence


The Spirit of God Illustrated Bible brings to life more than 40 Bible stories that help readers understand that God’s Spirit has been with us since the beginning of time and continues to be with us today. From the glory of creation through the powerful letters of Paul, God’s Spirit is living in his people. Old and New Testament stories such as Adam and Eve, Abraham, Joseph, the Baptism of Jesus, and Pentecost come alive with dramatic illustrations by Fernando Juarez and moving text by Doris Rikkers. With a cover that sparkles and shines with foil, this is a special storybook Bible that will appeal to both children and parents alike.

Where can I go from your Spirit?

Where can I flee from your presence?

If I go up to the heavens, you are there;

If I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

If I rise on the wings of the dawn,

If I settle on the far side of the sea,

Even there your hand will guide me,

Your right hand will hold me fast.

Psalm 139: 7–10


Review:
I have a nine-year-old daughter (that I am raising Christian) who loves church as well as a four-year-old nephew who I see a lot. They both enjoyed this illustrated Bible so much! The illustrations were fantastic! Colorful, vivid, well done. My daughter and nephew enjoyed the pictures just as much as the stories. I appreciated that the stories were told in a way that was easy to understand, fun to read, accurate, yet not dummied down. If I hadn't received this for review and saw it in a bookstore, I would have bought two copies for my daughter and nephew as gifts. I understand not everyone is religious, but I think that even those who don't raise their kids religiously, they would enjoy and appreciate these stories for the morals, values, and important life lessons. 

No comments: