Sunday, November 14, 2010

Book Blogger Hop

The blog hop is hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books

This week's question comes from Christina who blogs at All About YA Books:

"If you find a book that looks interesting but is part of a series, do you always start with the first title?"

 
My answer:
 
I strongly prefer it.  You understand the characters a lot better, you know their history and inside jokes. It makes it a lot easier to start from the beginning otherwise you end up confused and with a lot of questions.
But I also wish that the books that are series were marked better as series. For example, The Left Behind series I read (and was totally awesome, such a good book series!) They weren't marked in order but it did have the list in order inside the book. A good example of books being clearly marked would be the The Women's Murder Club by James Patterson. I read my first one a few years back, I started with the fourth one, and I didn't understand when they referred to past times or past crimes. I later read the first one and through-out the book lights were coming on in my head and clearing up questions I had. I also knew better because that series IS clearly marked.

No comments: