Monday, March 26, 2018

Piece KIeeper by Antwan Floyd Sr.**Author Interview**







 Teresa Prince, a small town girl with a big heart, had dreams of working in law enforcement her goals put on pause in the worse way possible. Will she overcome this tragedy and emerge triumphant with her mind and soul intact? Or will the mental anguish be too much for her to bare? 
James, a twisted soul with ideas of love and grandeur with a woman that doesn’t feel the same for him, at least not yet. That will all change if he has anything to do with it. Also, her old flame has stepped into the picture. Will James be able to win her over and make her the love of his life before the flame is rekindled between her and her ex? Or will he be left in the cold while they live happily-ever-after?
Black Love was always a white collar kind of guy more so than a gangster when an unfortunate incident occurs in a small town in Illinois he rushes to the side of his ex-fiancé to attempt to save the day. It does not take long to figure out that not everyone wants to see justice served. On top of that, his feelings for his past love may not only cause conflicts in the case but also add a rift to his new relationship. Will Black put his past behind him and find out who violated Teresa? 
In this fast-paced tale of pain, misguided passion, and lost love we follow these three souls as they embark on a journey of romance, rape, and retribution. When there’s no one to count on but yourself will you stand and deliver? Or bend and break? Each will face that question in the midst of what they once thought was true. They all find out that when love turns to war, someone has to be the Piece Keeper!

Author Interview:

Where do you get your ideas?
I get my ideas from life. Just going throughout my day to day doing things I may overhear a conversation or be engaged in one and an idea for a character or a storyline or a plot development that I’m already working on will pop in my head. It starts with either a character’s name or a title of a book and I take it from there.

What is your writing process like?
Basically like I just said in the previous question it all starts with a character’s name or the title of a book. I then think of what I want to happen in the end of the book. Next I come up with an engaging first page, I feel like if I don’t have the reader within the first page they will not want to finish the rest of the book. Next I write out a loose outline and fill in the middle of the book.

What advice do you have for writers?
Don’t just talk about it, write! Don’t worry about getting it perfect getting it perfect is not your job that’s a job for an editor and speaking of editor’s be sure to hire a professional one that is not an option.

What is the first book that made you cry?
Never read a book to make me cry, don’t know if that’s a good thing or bad thing makes me question now if I’ve truly read any moving literature.

Do you find it easier to write character and dialogue for the opposite sex because you are the opposite sex? (A woman writing a man’s part and dialogue for example).
I am a man for the record. LOL. But I don’t really look at it in terms of writing men’s dialogue vs. women’s dialogue. I understand, respect, and value that men and women we have our differences I love conversations with women more than I do with men but when writing that never enters my mind “what would” a woman do or say in this situation I just think what would this character do in this situation and write the story accordingly.

What is your writing Kryptonite?
H.A.L.T. - Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired. I’ve heard don’t ever try to do anything when feeling any of these symptoms so I hold true to that mantra. Feeling hungry, I eat. Feeling angry or lonely, I call someone and talk about it. Feeling tired I go to sleep that’s how I remedy my kyprotonite.

 Have you ever gotten reader’s block?
Yes, when reading a book that I’m not feeling it makes me not want to read another book until I’m done with that book, which prolongs my reading process because I procrastinate on finishing that book. Sometimes I tough it out and finish the book sometimes I don’t I just move on to the next book.

How did publishing your first book change your process of writing, if at all?
The most significant change was making sure that I hired an editor, my first book I didn’t do so and the readers butchered me in the reviews on Amazon. LoL. It was cool, it taught me to respect my craft and respect my reader’s lol. I may have lost repeat readers putting out unpolished material.

What kind of research do you do, and how long do you spend researching before beginning a book?
I research as I go along in the story, and in my opinion it’s not really the research it’s how you place it in the story. Subtlety is the best approach to me. Think about it, let’s say you are describing how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, you are not going to explain each asinine step of the endeavor you are going to get right to it with as few details as possible, enough to where someone who has never made a pb&j can understand and someone who has recognizes the familiarity of the delicious sandwich.




 Piece Keeper via Amazon   Piece Keeper via Barnes & Noble   Piece Keeper Paperback

 Antwan Floyd Sr. is a Publisher, Author, and Reviewer. He publishes Crime Fiction novels under his publishing company Maleah Solange Books. He has released two titles in the Black Love Detective Series: Piece Keeper & Cannibal in the City. He has also written Dope Fiction and Dope Fiction pt. 2 "Greed Between the Lines". Originally from Chicago, IL he currently resides in Indianapolis, IN where he is penning his next novel.




FaceBook          Twitter       Instagram    Maleah Solange Blog




 


No comments: