Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Last Plea Bargain by Randy Singer REVIEW

The Last Plea Bargain
Plea bargains may grease the rails of justice, but for Jamie Brock, prosecuting criminals is not about cutting deals. In her three years as assistant DA, she's never plea-bargained a case and vows she never will. But when a powerful defense attorney is indicted for murder and devises a way to bring the entire justice system to a screeching halt, Jamie finds herself at a crossroads. One by one, prisoners begin rejecting deals. Prosecutors are overwhelmed, and felons start walking free on technicalities. To break the logjam and convict her nemesis, Jamie must violate every principle that has guided her young career. But she has little choice. To convict the devil, sometimes you have to cut a deal with one of his demons.

Boy was this the page turner! From the very first page you are pulled into a story of suspense and mystery.
This is my first Randy Singer book and so far, it is my favorite. He writes such well developed and realistic characters. I really liked learning who Jamie Brock was; which you actually first meet in False Witness-another book I will need to read to understand this series and all of it's history and characters better.
This story had a lot of twists and turns - which I love in my books, especially mystery/thrillers...you think you know what is going to happen then you turn out to be completely wrong...and the plot thickens;)
But I do gotta say, I didn't realize how educational this book would be, because I didn't know until after reading this book that plea bargains are important in the court systems. If they weren't used, who knows how many criminals would be walking free...
All in all, I do completely recommend this book to everyone:)




I borrowed this book from my local library:)

No comments: