Saturday, January 22, 2011

Book Blogger Hop

The blog hop is hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books

This week's question comes from Barb who blogs at Sugarbeat's Books:

"Why do you read the genre that you do? What draws you to it?"

My answer:
I grew up reading Nancy Drew, I loved the mystery/suspense and I also liked that it wasn't gross (bloody/ gory), I could read it before I went to bed without have bad dreams. Besides, Nancy was like my best friend back then, lol. I tried many times to solve the mystery (and I did a few times...) before she did and was so proud that I did when I did.
So I think that is why I have such a love for mystery and suspense/thriller.  Also, in one of my classes we were to read The Diary of Anne Frank and write a book report on it. We had a month to do it in and I ended up reading that book in less than a week. I couldn't put it down. I remember hearing my classmates complaining about having to read a stupid book and my thought was, are you kidding me?! (while I was reading the book none the less, lol). After reading that, I went to the library to find other true diaries and memoirs. I was in love. Hence why I hosted the Memoir/True Story Challenge for the Dewey-A-Thon, 
So I guess that would bring me to my questions:
  • What memoirs/True Stories would you recommend?
  • Same question goes for mystery suspense/thriller...?
  • Which were your favorites?

No comments: