Thursday, January 6, 2011

Possession by Rene Gutteridge Review

In the aftermath of investigating the D.C. sniper case, detective Vance Graegan is burned out on life and love. Hoping to save his marriage, he quits the force and moves his wife and son to the other side of the country. But when the movers decide to hold his belongings for ransom, Vance is determined to ensure his family's new beginning is not ruined. Soon, though,  losing his possessions becomes the least of his problems, as everything they are fighting for begins to unravel in the hands of Vance's past...and a little innocent boy's faith brings a group of desperate people to their knees.

This book has gone on my shelf of favorites as well. I could not stop reading it. I was going to bed early just to read it. The author gives you a little bit of a hint in the beginning of what the book is about but at the same time that confuses you even more (in a good way) so you want to keep reading to explain what you just read. And just when you think you know what is going on and who did what, think again! Rene Gutteridge puts plenty of twists and turns so you really don't know what is going on. It was a true mystery up until the end.
I also really liked that God and faith in Him was all throughout the book. That was the main if not only thing that kept this family together. I have never read a Christian based mystery/thriller before. I want to read more! And I will definitely be looking out for more books by Rene Gutteridge. I am now a fan. I highly recommend this read. It is a pretty light read that is next to impossible to put down. I would say more but I don't want to give anything major away.
I am so excited about this book and have already recommended this book to a family member and a couple of friends. 

                                                        

                                                           I received my copy of this book from Tyndale Blog Network.

No comments: