This is my first Dewey Read-A-Thon AND my first time hosting, or co-hosting! I am so excited and hope I get it right. I am a little nervous and a lot excited.
I am going to try to go to every blogger/participant and try to comment on as many posts as possible. We'll see how it goes:)
For my mini challenge this year I am all about memoirs and true stories. They are one of my favorite reads. I haven't been disappointed by one yet.
I love finding out about books that are Based on true stories. Like The Diary of Anne Frank (can you believe that's a banned book?! I know!)I also like movies that are based on true stories/true events. Then after I find out it was based off a book first! Oh boy! Like Julie & Julia or The Freedom Writers Diary.
I plan on finishing two books so far during this marathon:
- Which None Can Shut by Reema Goode. It has 164 pages and I am on page 63.
- I am Nujood, Age 10 and Divorced by Nujood Ali with Delphine Minoui. It has 188 pages and I am on page 52.
- Julie and Julia by Julie Powell
There is a list of questions below plus a bonus question for my giveaway and there is my list of memoirs and true stories I have read, in the middle of reading and want to read. My list of memoir/true stories TBR will go for more than just today but I will have a *star* next to the ones I am planning to read during the marathon.
1. Have you ever read a memoir/true story (Or book 'based on true events'?)
2. If so, what was the title/author?
3. What what it about?
4. Did you like it? Would you recommend it?
5. How many have you read?
6. Why or what made you want to read it?
7. What was the saddest/scariest one you read?
8. Did it have a 'happy ending'?
9. When choosing a memoir/true story, do you look for a certain kind? ( i.e. historical diary, inspirational like The Freedom Writer's Diary, Christian, non Christian)
10. Bonus question(s-it's in parts:) for my giveaway: Have you read 3 or more memoirs/true stories? Title/Author, would you recommend them?If you were to win the giveaway prize, would you want the book, (Sizzling 16 by Janet Evanovich) and would you prefer the coffee or tea? or both?
Memoirs I have read:
1. If I Am Missing or Dead: A Sister's story of Love, Murder and Liberation by Janine Latus
2. The Diary of Anne Frank by Anne Frank
3. Loose Girl: A Memoir of Promiscuity by Kerry Cohen Hoffmann
In The Middle of Reading:
1. I am Nujood, Age 10 and Divorced by Nujood Ali with Delphine Minoui*
2. Which None Can Shut: Remarkable True Stories of God's Miraculous Work in the Muslim World by Reema Goode*
3. Julie and Julia by Julie Powell
4. The Freedom Writers Diary by Erin Gruwell
Want to Read:
1. Whatever You Do, Don't Run: True Tales of a Botswana Safari Guide by Peter Allison
2. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
3.The Real Memoirs of a Geisha by Mineko Iwasaki and R. Brown
4.The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen by Syrie James
5. Survival in Auschwitz and The Real Awakening Two Memoirs by Primo Levi and Stuart Woolf
6. Alicia: Memoirs of a Survivor by Alicia Appleman_Jurman
7. Columbine by Dave Cullen
I also have a giveaway/prize: dark chocolates, an assortment of three coffees, a box of tea, and a book by Janet Evanovich, Sizzling 16.
How to Enter:
Leave a comment here about my list of books; whether you like them, or have read them or if they're on your TBR.
If you add a book to my TBR and tell me why that is a good book, another entry.
'Tweet' about my mini challenge/giveaway, another entry-let me know in (separate)comment
Put a post on your Facebook, another entry.-Let me know in (separate) comment.
Answer the bonus question-two more entries.