Friday, December 30, 2016

**Review** A Sister's Wish by by Shelley Shepard Gray

A Sister's Wish (The Charmed Amish Life, #3)


Synopsis:
In Shelley Shepard Gray’s third book in her Charmed Amish Life series, a respectable young woman finds herself falling for an Amish man from the wrong side of the tracks.

Amelia Kinsinger is the perfect Amish woman—at least according to her neighbors. And while Amelia takes pride in her role as homemaker, she’s also harboring a secret: She’s been in love with bad boy Simon Hochstetler for as long as she can remember. Too bad he’s about as far from “perfect” as an Amish man could get… but that’s exactly why she’s so drawn to him.

Life hasn’t been kind to Simon. He ran away from an abusive home at fifteen and things went downhill from there. Eventually, Simon landed in prison. But the experience changed him. Now back in Charm as a grown man, he’s determined to make a new life for himself and not think too much about his wild past…unless it pertains to Amelia.


My Thoughts: 
This is actually the 3rd book in the series, so now I need to read the first two and thankfully I had the fourth book An Amish Family Christmas, so I could continue the wonderful story that I started...
I loved Amelia's character. She does not lose her spunkiness being Amish. If she were a non-fictional character, I imagine we would be good friends. I appreciated her loyalty, honesty, kindness, and sweetness. 
Simon and Amelia were made for each other, they make such a good fit. I loved that the author made Joel a hero from another mold. He isn't the typical hero you see in Amish books which made for a fun and delightful twist. Even though this book has hardship, pain, and loss, it was still soft with sweetness and a tenderness that was needed to balance the story. And the humor, too cute; really made me chuckle!

No comments: