Monday, May 14, 2012

It's Monday! What are you Reading?


Welcome to It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading!  This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!
I love being a part of this and I hope you do too!  As part of this weekly meme I love to encourage you all to go and visit the others participating in this meme. **You do not need a blog to participate**


First off, I hope you all had a great mothers day, mine was pretty good and exhausting since we are moving into a new place...we get the keys tomorrow :)

Anyway, this past week, I did The Mother of Pearl Series, a short blog series done by Pearl Girls.
I also read and reviewed The Mother Road by Jeniffer Allee...Real good...with some twists I was not expecting:)
DarkroomI also read and reviewed Darkroom by Joshua Graham...This was a book I was not fully expecting to like. It sounded good but I didn't expect to like it as much as I did :) 


I didn't get a whole lot done this past week and I would usually feel a bit lazy because of it; but because of packing and cleaning while taking care of my two year old and helping my sisters plan Mothers Day for our mother and Aunt and the rest of the mothers in our immediately family, I am surprised I got done what I did, lol. 
This week, i am continuing to work on Pride and Prejudice, Dear Jane Austen, Executive Actions by Gary Grossman, and Everybody's Daughter by Michael John Sullivan. The first two are book club reads while the rest are review reads. I am so glad to finally be able to read one of the great classics like Pride and Prejudice. 

And that...is my week:) Have you read Pride and Prejudice? How about the other books?


8 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

It's always astonishing to me to read a classic and discover how really and truly good it is! My experience as a young reader was to feel like classics were dull or beyond me.

Here's my
It's Monday! What Are You Reading?
Hope you'll stop by!

Kristin said...

I've read Pride and Prejudice twice - I love it!!! I haven't read any of the spin-offs or twists on it, though.

Hope you have a great week!
Kristin @ Always With a Book

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

The Mother Road looks interesting! Have fun!

Unknown said...

sounds like a pretty fun book. :)

http://notjustnonsense.blogspot.com/2012/05/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-21.html

dollycas aka Lori said...

Moving is so much work, but joyous when it is done. Have a great week!!

The Brunette Librarian said...

Pride & Prejudice is wonderful - great storytelling!

Happy reading this week!
What are YOU reading??

Amy said...

Of the books on your list, I have only read Pride and Prejudice. Actually, I've reread it more times than I can remember--it's one of my all-time favorites. Jane Austen's funniest and most accessible book. If you like it, try Emma next. :)

Abbi Hart said...

I read Pride and Prejudice a few years ago and it took me forever to finish-lol! I haven't read any of the other books on your list!