Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Musing Mondays 6/21/10

(Hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading)

To join in, just click above...

This weeks question: Name your top 2-3 favorite genres (the ones you read most from)

My answer...

That's easy for me! Thriller/Suspense, murder mystery and memoirs/ non-fiction stories (ex: Ann Frank Diary). I am very open to reading all sorts of things and expanding horizons but those are my absolute favs! And also reading those genres from different generations... like taking a break from reading James Patterson ( I know it's crazy ; ) and reading some Nancy Drew or The Hardy Boys instead.

On another note...I have a few different reasons as to why I enjoy reading memoirs/ diary's/non-fiction: You never know how the book is going to turn out. You can't try to get under the authors pen and try to guess what he/she is going to write. You may have an idea (and it may be a very good one and it may be right) but you don't know because you weren't there. It makes me want to read faster so I can find out what happens. There have been a few times when I read a memoir and I wish I were there to help them, give them a shoulder to cry on, give them that strength, cheer them on or knock some sense into them ( verbally) !! At times you want to yell at them "what are you doing you nut!!!???" And at times I have gotten the strangest look from my husband when I am laying in bed next to him (one of my fav reading spot :) and I say "you have got to be kidding me?! No!"........OK I am done with my ramblings....


Have an awesome blessed day everyone!

No comments: