Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Banned Books List

I said I would have my list of books I am going to read that are banned, and I swear I did it already but it is nowhere to be found!? ARG! So, here is my list:

1. ( even though I didn't like the first book I read of hers, I will give her another try)
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, by Maya Angelou

2. Fallen Angels, by Walter Dean Myers

3. It’s Perfectly Normal, by Robie Harris

4. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, by Mark Twain

5. The Color Purple, by Alice Walker 

6. To Kill A Mockingbird, by Harper Lee 

7. The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini

8. A Time to Kill, by John Grisham 

9. Are You There, God?  It’s Me, Margaret by Judy Blume 

10. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain 

11. Always Running by Luis Rodriguez  
 
12. Pillars of the Earth, by Ken Follett (I don't know why, I can't get rid of the italic! lol)

13. Gone With The Wind by by Margaret Mitchell 

14. The Freedom Writers Diary by Zlata Filipovic with Erin Gruwell
(I saw the movie years ago, powerful and great movie. But at the time I didn't know it was a book first. I knew it was about a teacher (and I want to be a teacher, hence part of why I wanted to see it) and it is based on a true story (the other half of the reason to why I wanted to see it). 


Any suggestions?  Have you read any of these?







No comments: