Saturday, September 25, 2010

Banned Books Week

Banned Book Week is officially today! Are you taking part? If so, which books are you going to read that are on the banned books/challenged list? I am taking part of it, but I don't have the time to necessarily sit down and read one of them, but I am going to mark each one off my list (and plan on reviewing each) as I am done. I posted a list of the reads I am going to read that are banned. I am sure you were shocked or surprised to see some of them on there as was I.
You can go to ALA.org to see the top 100 banned/challenged books and find out why there are banned/challenged as well as other information. Banned Book Week starts today September 25 - October 2.
I am going to not only this week, but until my list is finished, read the 'banned/challenged' book and try to help get the word out there that there are a lot of books on the list like The Color Purple or Gone With The Wind or Huckleberry Finn that I think we can all agree shouldn't be on that list. What do you think of Banned/Challenged Books?
Have a great Saturday Everyone!

2 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Great post! I am doing a banned book review a day for the week.

Elisha German said...

Thank you Sheila:) I am enjoying your posts this week as well. I was going to post a review for books I have read in the bast that are banned for each day of the week but I didn't want to seem like a copycat to you. It would be way to similar. No worries:) I am fully enjoying your posts, especially on The Diary of Anne Frank. I love that book. One of my favs. It amazes me it is on the banned book list.